Luxurious Nights at Villas, Boutique Hotels and Bungalows - 12 Days / 11 Nights
- Arrival at the Bandaranaike International airport Katunayake
- Meeting you on arrival – Our airport staff members will meet you and provide all assistance
- Transfer to Colombo – You will be taken to the commercial capital, Colombo, which is approximately an hour’s drive from the airport.
- Check in at the hotel in Colombo
- After lunch, you’ll be taken on a sightseeing tour of the city of Colombo.
- Drive through the city’s main commercial area, known as ‘Fort’, drive past bustling bazaars, National Museum Town Hall, Independence Square, the B.M.I.C.H (International Convention Centre), Cinnamon Gardens residential area
- Visit a Buddhist Temple and a Hindu Kovil
- Overnight stay at Havelock Bungalow or Taru Villas at Park Street or similar in Colombo.
- After breakfast leave for Polonnaruwa (216 km, approx. 5 hour drive) the ancient capital of Sri Lanka, with magnificent remains of palaces, shrines, monasteries and lakes.
- Overnight stay at Elephant Corridor or Vill Uyana or similar in Sigiriya.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Leave for Sigiriya (25 km, approx.1 ½ hour drive), the renowned rock citadel of the 5th century CE, with its water gardens and frescoes of ‘Heavenly Maidens’
- Proceed to Kandy (92 km, approx. 3 hour drive), visiting the Spice garden in Matale enroute.
- Check in at the Villa Rosa or Kandy House or similar for overnight stay
- After breakfast, begin sightseeing tour of Kandy, home of the Temple of the Tooth and venue of the colourful annual pageant, Esala Perahera
- Overnight stay at Villa Rose, Kandy House or similar
- After breakfast, leave for Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage (50 km, approx. 2 hour drive), set up to take care of orphaned baby elephants in natural surroundings
- Leave for Nuwara Eliya (130km, approx. 4 ½ hour drive), visiting tea plantation and a tea factory en route
- Tour of Nuwara Eliya, a favourite among British administrators, who spent their summers in its cool climes. This town boasts homes ranging in styles from Georgian to Queen Anne.
- Overnight stay at a hotel in Nuwara Eliya. Pidurutalagala mountain (8282 ft), the tallest in Sri Lanka, is located here.
- Overnight stay at a Tea Trails Bungalow or similar in Nuwara Eliya.
- Breakfast at the hotel and leave for Uda Walawe National Park (180 km, approx. 4 ½ hour drive). A jeep safari will give you the unforgettable experience of viewing large herds comprising, with an estimated total of 500 elephants More…
- Overnight stay at Boulder Gardens or similar in Ratnapura.
- After breakfast leave for Bentota (100 km, approx. 3 hour drive) a popular tourist resort in the south offering the best of sea, sun and sand
- Check in at Aditya or Temple Tree or similar for overnight’s stay
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Leave for the airport for your departure. Our staff will accompany you to the Bandaranaike International Airport and help you complete all formalities.