Glimpse of Culture and Highlands - 06 Days / 05 Nights
- Arrival at the Bandaranaike International airport Katunayake
- Meeting you on arrival – Our airport staff members will meet you and provide all assistance
- Leave for Habarana (155 km, approx. 4 hours drive), which affords easy access to the ancient cities of the Cultural Triangle, which have been declared UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Check in at the hotel Habarana and spend a day of leisure
- Overnight stay at a hotel in Habarana or Dambulla.
- After breakfast, leave for Polonnaruwa (58 km, approx. 1¼ hour drive), a well-planned city of the 11th to 13th centuries, with palaces, shrines, monasteries
Overnight stay at a hotel in Habarana or Dambulla.
- After breakfast, leave for Sigiriya (25 km – approx. ½ hour drive), the rock citadel of the 05th century CE, with extensive water gardens and frescoes of ‘Heavenly Maidens’
- Leave for Kandy (92 km, approx. 3 hour drive), visiting the Spice Garden in Matale en- route
- Check in at the hotel in the City of Kandy, the last seat of the Sinhala Kings, home of the Temple of the Tooth Relic and venue of the Esala Perahera pageant in July/August
- Visits to Gadaldeniya, Embekke and Lankathilaka if time permits.
- Overnight stay at a hotel in Kandy.
- After breakfast, leave for Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage (50 km, approx. 2 hour drive), which has been set up to take care of orphaned baby elephants in natural surroundings
- Leave for Nuwara Eliya (130km, approx. 4 ½ hour drive), visiting tea plantation and a tea factory en route
- Tour of Nuwara Eliya, a favourite among British administrators, who spent their summers in its cool climes. This town boasts homes ranging in styles from Georgian to Queen Anne
- Overnight stay at a hotel in Nuwara Eliya
- After breakfast leave for Colombo via Kitulgala (185km – approx. 5 hour drive), with the journey offering breathtaking views of waterfalls and lush green tea plantations. White water rafting can be arranged for the energetic and adventurous
- Check in at a hotel in Colombo and commence a sightseeing tour of the city of Colombo, with its colonial style building, harbor, museum, busy bazaars
- Overnight Stay at a hotel in Colombo.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Leave for the airport for your departure. Our staff will accompany you to the Bandaranaike International Airport and help you complete all formalities.